11.2.12

Win a Heritage Scrapbook Kit & ancestry.com 7 day subscription

A lot of our fond memories surround those fun times with family members. I can think of some back in my childhood of driving to visit my grandparents, aunt, uncles or just spending time with my own parents. I loved hearing them tell stories of the depression, of learning their skills for their careers, and of fun mischievous stories of pranks they played on each other. This scrapbook encourages you to look into your past, look into your ancestors and learn more about where you came from and who is in your past. You never know, you might be related to someone famous! So to help you do this, this kit also includes a Free 7 day subscription to ancestry.com . Ancestry.com will allow you to explore over 5 billion historical records.

So to enter to win this Scrapbook I need you to do 2 things!
First, I would love to be able to share in some of your fond memories. Leave a comment in this blog telling me some of your favorite family memories. Make sure you also "sign" it with a link to your facebook so that I can add your name to the drawing.

On Saturday, February 25th a random drawing will take place. The winner will be announced on my Facebook page ( facebook.com/stormgazerdesigns ) and their memory repeated.

Once done ,hit the share button located here: Click Me! so your friends can join in also!

11 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Ancestry yet,but my granddaughter is in 5th grade and she was asking me yesterday about her pedigree.It is an assignment for that grade,she was amazed that I remembered all the dates of births and deaths for many generations in my family.I only know a couple of generations on my husbands side.Grandmothers are suppose to have all the answers,just kidding.Eva will think Donna has them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyday i fondly think of, and remember my cat bijoux kitty. he makes me smile :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. My great grandmother lived with us until her death when I was a teenager. One of my best memories, is learning to cook at her elbow.The entire time she cooked, she would tell me stories of her "grand tour" of Europe with her then "beau",who later became my great grand dad. I never met him, for he died in the war before I was born,but I always felt I knew him thru her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to using ancestry.com in the hope of find a link my family back to the famous James family. My mother was a James and told the story of a night in her childhood days of Frank and Jesse coming to their house and grandma fixing them supper. It would be great to finally find this proof and preserve it in an awesome scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still trying to trace my grandfather who came from germany, so far no luck. I will be 77 on 2/21/12 and want to get the family tree finished for my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many awesome memories of "Nana", my dad's mother, Emma. She was sweet, loving, funny and totally taught me a lot. Now, I have a Granddaughter named Emma, who calls me Nana!!! It is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great memory! Can you reply with your name so that I can enter you into the contest drawing?

      Delete
  7. My dad's parents traveled with tent shows from the mid twenties through 1942.I loved the stories they told of their travels and all of the show people.Most people don't know what tent shows were.I'm trying to write down the history for my children and grandchildren before it is lost.I love scrapbooking and I'm working on a heritage book now.
    Diane Hill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of my favorite memories were spending time with my mom and my girls on a bus trip going to New York City at Christmas time. We always have a good time!

    Dawn Garrison

    ReplyDelete
  9. My cousin and I would take a road trip every year. Sometimes we would decide where to go just a day or two before we were to leave. I never dreamed I'd end up living in the town we loved to visit the most.

    Jennell Mask

    ReplyDelete